Re: Questions and comments regarding Debian Women

Hi!

2011/4/18 Margarita Manterola <marga@debian.org>:

> If you have the time, it'd be great if you could tell me, from your point
> of view, why are women not joining Debian nowadays, and what could be done
> from the DW project to help more women collaborate with Debian.

I basically agree with what has been said in this list about improving
communication and giving more visibility to the project.

When DW was lauched there was a lot of articles, interviews and talks
about it, and now it doesn't seem to be that frequent anymore. The
outdated website may also give the impression that the project is
inactive. And for example, if we look at past debconfs programs, we
don't find that much about DW -- now the call for contributions for
debconf11 is already open, it might be a good oportunity for that ;-)

Regarding alternative places where DW should be promoted, I can think
about general FLOSS events and universities, where there are plenty of
potential women contributors that might be not aware about DW
initiatives.

Thank you all for bringing this up again.
Cheers,

Tássia.