Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf anti-harassment policy - contact address

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 06:52:54PM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> * Amaya <amaya@debian.org> [110114 20:09]:
>
> > > For DebConf, the choice should probably be left to whoever volunteers
> > > to do the work.  Which version is adopted should also be left to them.
> > >
> > > Amaya and Patty: do you want to use this address for DebConf ?
> > I am all for it.
>
> Feel free to ping the publicity team, when and however you would to get
> that announced to a wider public; I would at least habe it mentioned in
> an upcoming issue of the Debian Project News, but if you would like to
> have a sole announcement, we can talk about that, too.
>

> Best Regards,
>   Alexander

Speaking of announcing this, I was thinking that this info can be added to the
'subscribe' email of debian email lists. Its good to remind folks when they use
debian project resources, our first contact with them mentions our
anti-harrasment stance. That is to say something like:
'Please report any harrasment on this list to blah@debian.org'
cheers,
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|
| `. `'   http://www.debian.org/.| http://counter.li.org [#238656]|
|___`-____Unless I ask to be CCd,.assume I am subscribed._________|