Re: d-w wiki page

On 23 August 2010 16:17, Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> as marga suggested in a previous mail, today I've applied the Team Template to
> our wiki page. I wasn't sure about all the entries in the template, so I
> inserted only some of them and comment the rest: please, take a look and feel free to change it -->
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen
>
> I've inserted some links to the other d-w wiki pages because now it seems a
> little disjointed.
>
> At the same time, I've started (restarted, actually) to work at todo list in
> order to complete the migration of the wiki. The situation is this: the most
> important work (drop the English/* prefix and renames translated page to fit
> w.d.o conventions) is done for almost all pages; now it's time to apply the
> Default Template to all pages and check all page to wikify internal/local link
> (w.d.o links).
>
> -- ideas --
>
> I think that, in this effort, it will be great to organize the team page in a
> rational manner, in order to make our resources immediately avalaible.
>
> The main topics of d-w wiki pages are:
> 1. events
> 2. courses --past --> reports/lessons
>           --present --> upcoming agenda (IRC training session)
>
> 3. articles, blogs and reviews about women, feminism and d-w (but probably
> it could be better to put this into the website? don't think that w.d.o it's
> the right place...)
>
> 4. ToDo + translation in progress
>
> IMHO 1,2,4 can stay on w.d.o, as subpages, with links in team page.
> 3 could be put into website, maybe with something as feed from geek feminism
> blog, or sites like that. And identi.ca account, too.:D
>
> Ok, maybe I'm exagerating now. ;)
>
> -- problems --
>
> 1. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Articles first and fifth links deads.
Then remove the links or keep historical record but edit to say link is dead.

> 2. I need a proofreading on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen (I'm sorry but
> I write in en_IT)
It seems okay to me.

> 3.it could be useful a link/contact about mentors program on the wiki page but
> I'm not sure about the right person to name in. :)
I kind of gathered on Sat that there is some flux in the women mentors
group at the moment so
that may be changing.  Maybe encourage people to come into the irc
channel to talk
to other members of d-w for now until the mentoring program can be put
in place again.

I was looking at the wiki earlier on and trying to figure out the todo list.(A)
And I have a bit of a thing about all that data being fed into the
debian wiki and the d-w
contribution to the overall debian project eventually being lost in
the mists of time.(B)

(A) So my first question is -
What is the stem we should be working from - wiki.debian.org or
wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen?

I ask because the PackagingTutorial is
wiki.debian.org/PackagingTutorial and its Spanish translation
is at wiki.debian.org/es/PackagingTutorial   with other translations
similarly organised.

Whereas the Python tutorial is at
wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/PythonTutorial with
its Portugese translation at wiki.debian.org/pt_BR/DebianWomen/PythonTutorial
which doesn't fit in with the other tutorial and training sessions.

It would help if we could be more specific about what we are renaming to -
e.g. moving English/Courses/* to wiki.debian.org/Courses/* or
wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Courses?

(B) One day,  the Todo list is going to be done. At the moment we have
a list of all the contributions DebianWomen is making to the overall
Debian wiki project.
I support that the work done is assimilated into the main Debian
project wiki but it would be good to keep an index of what d-w has
contributed
but in such a manner that we can add to that index as more work is added.
This could either be a separate page linked to from the Team page or
part of the Team page as it is now but not in the Todo section.

It's great the w.d.o/DW page is now in a Team Template format - I
suppose other teams will have their stuff in much the same format
but I looked for the perl packaging group and found they were on
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup .... so should we be at
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianWomen ?

A quick look at w.d.o/Teams indicates maybe we should sub-page
DebianWomen off the Teams page?
It would help raise the profile of the group and its wiki presence
amongst project peers.
But then we'd have to decide where DebianWomen fits in - Development
or Core and Infrastructure?

--
Kind Regards

Lesley Binks