Re: Further to: Re: About the recent events in the Rails community about using explicit sexual contents in slides

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 03:18:10PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote [edited]:
> In the future, if you run into threads like this it's best to contact
> listmaster@lists.debian.org; I don't think any of us actually read
> debian-user@ldo, so we'd miss a thread like this unless it's pointed
> out.

Would we please add the above suggestion:

(i) in the mailing lists CC

(ii) (ideally) in the subscription confirmation one receives when signing up
to a mailing list

BTW here are some thoughts of mine after I've been flamed recently by a DD:

    What's hurting more than a DD's rudeness is the project's silent
    endorsement of it. I'm not implying it's possible to have firefighters all
    over the place, when DDs are overcommited with real work, but this doesn't
    make it any less painful from the victim's perspective ...

Speaking of the CC, how about re-wording its penultimate rule

    Try not to flame; it is not polite.

to something stronger, say

    Do not flame; it is counterproductive.

-S