Re: Good manners, Good tone and welfare of DD's, NM and prospective developers

2009/6/4 Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>:
> I don't think the problem is to have a code of conduct or to have not, but
> what should be done with those who don't follow it, and who decides about
> these things.  Haven't seen anything about these points in any discussion
> about "discussion style" since I joined the project.
>
> Links:

Re-read the mailing list code of conduct and the revelant points for
myself that I have found are:

14 Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists
via packet radio, where swearing is illegal.
16 Use common sense all the time.

The first 13 points talk about net-etiquette......

So for example to analyze this email [1]
It meets mailing list code of conduct but I would consider this email
a bit rude for a public mailing list.

BTW a lot of bug-reports get send to mailing list so this
code-of-conduct should be used when replying to bug-mail.

Doing this [2] google search on lists.debian.org domain kind of does
prove that most people know mailing list code of conduct only up to
point 14 (excluding).....

Now compare the message [1] to the one of the ubuntu code of conduct
reminders [3] this is the point I guess I'm trying to make. Shall I
file a wishlist bug against mailing-list virtual package w.r.t. code
of conduct?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2009/05/msg00077.html

[2] http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=shit
site:lists.debian.org&hl=en&sa=N&output=search&tbs=rcnt:1&tbo=1

[3] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2009-June/008407.html

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),