Re: Apropos of spam..

Hello, everybody!

On Friday 10 October 2008 17:19:05 Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> You could also take a look at
> http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/releasing-lenny ; where I recently
> bloged a bit how to help releasing Lenny.  Maybe there's something for
> you, too?

Take a deep breath.  Breath slowly.  Now head above parapet and speak...

At the risk of being laughed at even by women, the trouble with Debian things
is that even the simple jobs seem either to be way above my head or to
require a large amount of Googling, which requires rephrasing the question
repeatedly, until I succeed in asking the right one..

By when I am in such a state of panic that I go away again..

I seem to have been born with a certain amount of nous, but no hardwired
knowledge of computers.  My excuse is always that I was born before the birth
of electronic computers, but it's a fairly thin one.

E.g.  <quote> If you don't know, please report a bug describing the problem
you experienced to the upgrade-reports package. </quote>

I simply don't understand what I must therefore do.  There doesn't seem to be
a package called upgrade-reports, so how and where do we report what?  I'm
afraid that if I have problems (and I have been running Lenny for a while
now, so inevitably there have been problems) I just sit tight and wait for
them to be put right.  I would love to help, at least a  bit, within my
limitations, but I can't do so if I don't understand how.

My not understanding may be because I panic, because I have a blind spot,
because I am thick;  but whatever the reason I am left unable to help.  And
when I have questions to ask, I don't ask on the Debian List.

Now where's that nice safe parapet...

Lisi