Re: Apropos of spam..

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:24:19 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> E.g.  <quote> If you don't know, please report a bug describing the problem
> you experienced to the upgrade-reports package. </quote>
>
> I simply don't understand what I must therefore do.  There doesn't seem to be
> a package called upgrade-reports, so how and where do we report what?

You're right, there is no package 'upgrade-reports'; it is a so called
'pseudo-package', which means that the Bug Tracking System treats it
like real packages and you can report bugs against it like against
real packages.

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages has a list of all
pseudo-packages, and regarding this example it says:
"upgrade-reports - Reports of upgrade problems for stable & testing"

So if you detect a problem when upgrading your system to Lenny you
can describe the problem by submitting a bug report against
'upgrade-reports', e.g. by simply typing 'reportbug upgrade-reports'.

Hope that helps,
gregor

--
 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4