Re: /tmp accidentally filled - SOLVED, thanks to the help

ke, 2008-12-03 kello 17:10 +0000, Lisi Reisz kirjoitti:
> As a result of the suggestions made on this list, I rebooted into the CLI,
> checked, and /tmp was completely empty.  I then rebooted into the GUI -
> and /tmp had the same files, by name.  But it is no longer reported as 100%
> full, and there do not seem to be any more problems.

Those files are temporary files used by various parts of the system,
particularly the GNOME system (or perhaps KDE), and they're needed while
you are logged in and using the graphical desktop environment. They
shouldn't take too much space, so no need to worry about them.