Re: women in IT (in AU)

Hi all,

<quote who="Helen Faulkner">

> Indeed.  It would be cool to do a survey of the list subscribers wrt this
> issue.

I think this is a great idea.  I think that it would be great to put this
together and would be happy to do this if people want it. So my questions
is, what do we want to ask? Below are some ideas, suggestions welcome!!
Obviously I'll have to work on the language and order of questions so this
is a bit of a brainstorm.

Age:
Years in IT:
Skills: (and have a checklist of programmer, documentation, project
    management, web devel, etc that people can choose multiples of)
Industry (some people do IT in retail, or health):
Paid to work on FOSS:
Work on FOSS in your spare time:
Roles played in FOSS: (again, people can select multiple roles: hacker,
    documentation, translation, maintainer, advocate, artwork)
Interest in IT derived from: (friends, family, school, university, mentor)
Support base: (FOSS community, work, peers, documentation)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be
                            free." - Bill Hicks