Re: Debian election on now

* Amaya <amaya@debian.org> [2006:02:28 22:43 +0100]:
> Helen Faulkner wrote:
> > I think it would be great to get more women involved in the discussion
> > and debate surrounding the DPL elections, so please, let us know your
> > views and your wishes for Debian's future!
>
> Specially because Debian Women was born during one!

Oh damn, I remember this. Ah, the 2004 elections -- quite a tumultuous
period for those of us already in Debian, but it did indeed spawn
something quite wonderful!

To those of you who weren't around back then, here's some brief DW
history for you:

In March or so, I emailed Amaya about how I wanted to be a Debian
Developer, etc., we talked a lot over email, and then a few weeks later
she posted a question -- Subject: Just a single Question for the
Candidates -- and it turned into this massive, er, discussion that
eventually got moved off of debian-vote@lists.d.o and moved on to
debian-project@ ... and a couple months later I was in Brazil giving a
talk about something I wanted to call "Debian Women". Two years later,
here we are... :)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide