Re: Male teaching methods? - was: Re: Women in FOSS at OSWC II

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 06:16:54PM +1100, Pia Waugh wrote:
> > When thinking about it, I guess it's this aspect in which I'm most
> > different from "typical" (non-technical) women ("typical" in the
> > statistical status quo sense - not saying there's some biological
> > predetermination in effect here!).

> See, I don't think that any of us are atypical. I think that by thinking
> that way we are maintaining a status quo to ourselves :)

So what word would you use instead of "typical"?  I don't think it helps
address problems of equality to stigmatize the vocabulary needed to
describe statistical realities, either.

You just have to avoid conflating "atypical" with *wrong*...