Re: Hello

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Amaya wrote:
Zoe Parsons wrote:
I've just been coming out of a major bout of depression
Hey! Congrats, that's hard to get out of. Glad you made it!
Yup, and considering I go in and out all the time best to do something useful whilst I have the chance. :-)

If anyone has useful suggestions of things to work on/help with much
appreciated and so forth.

Lars gave you a couple of good ideas, I would like to add my couple of
suggestions too. I find these tasks easy, fun and rewarding:

1 - There is a pseudo package, named base, that gets bug reports from
   users taht do not really know where to report them. Feel free to
   browse this list and reassing bugs apporpiately:
   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=base

2 - There is an ongoing transition that is a lot of fun. The package
   xlibs-dev has dissapeared from unstable, and there's several other x
   libraries that replace it. So the task is to see all the packages
   that build-depend on xlibs-dev and find out the right
   build-dependencies for them, and send a patch. This only requires
   reading http://wiki.debian.org/DependsXlibsDev and knowing pbuilder.
   There is a link on the wiki to a script that eases the task quite a
   bit.

Happy hacking!

I'll go and have a look at them as well in a minute, thanks for the various ideas. Hopefully I'll even be able to do something useful and help out everyone whilst I'm at it. :-)

--
Huzzah! I've come out of my depression long enough to write some emails!

Zoe Parsons   | skype:mpsonscix   |
zoe@theasylum.demon.co.uk   |   http://livejournal.com/~zoep
mpsons@cix.compulink.co.uk  |   ICQ:97984995
aim:mpsonscix  |  yim:mpsons_cix  |  msn:zoe@theasylum.demon.co.uk
Just because I might be logged onto these doesn't mean I'm there...