Software Freedom Day was a success!

Hi All,

This rather late email (should have been written a week ago but you know - life
gets in the way) is to let you all know that our activities for Software Freedom
Day were a great success.

The bug squashing party squashed a number of bugs, and people gained experience
in the process.  Thanks to Hanna for coordinating that.

The Debian Help Day was of interest particularly because of the great job Erinn
did in setting up some Debian-like infrastructure for people to play with.
Hopefully she will be able to write up a HowTo or similar so that others trying
to do the same job in the future will find it easier.

The #debian-women-new IRC channel saw numerous new people drop in to say hello.
 Some stayed to chat for a few hours and others made more fleeting visits.  A
few of these new people have since showed up on the main #debian-women channel
(where new people are, of course, always welcome), which is great to see.   The
#debian-women-new channel was such a success that we have a plan to dedicate a
regular timeslot to welcoming new people to the #debian-women channel.  More on
that in another email.

Thanks very much to everyone who helped to make our SFD activities work so well! :)

Helen