Re: adding gender field on debian developer's database (from debian-devel)

On 03/08/2005, at 3:10 AM, Michelle Konzack wrote:

Sorry for my useless posting, but "H" or "F" is a joke for me...
Because I am hermaphrodite/intersexual which should be "I" like
in my Iranien passport (byside an explanation what it is).

Michelle, this is very far from a useless posting: thankyou for doing it. You've shown how limited our endless human attempts to classify things are: inorganic or organic, plant or animal, all the way to male or female, hetero or gay, fair or dark, sick or well, smart or dumb, all these artificial straight lines are in fact fuzzy!

It's time we stopped trying to classify life so much, imposing our own structures on it, and started accepting the way it is. You as a person, as a participant, should be welcome and appreciated for your similarities and for your differences, for yourself as a unique entity.

I hate to think how much misunderstanding and prejudice you must have encountered. :( It's time humanity grew up.

What would be the point of having people ... if they were all the same?