Re: A list for D-W translators

On 8/1/05, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> ....and, as far as I know, unfortunately no completely free, which at
> this moment makes it unsuitable for Debian uses.
>
> Anyway, I'm still hoping that things will change because, yes, Rosetta
> is a very powerful tool.

Hmm.... I was not aware that Rosetta is non-GPL. Makes me wanna
rethink about volunteering for non-GPL software however excellent it
may be. Thanks Christian :)

> There is a (small) working group for l10n for languages of India,
> animated by Jaldhar M. Vyas. The group has a mailing list hosted on
> Alioth:

<mailto:debian-in-workers-request@lists.alioth.debian.org?subject=subscribe>

Thanks !
Hindi is very different from Sanskrit and Marathi (although they share
a common script).  I did notice that there were no other Indian
languages listed.  I shall post about it to the debian-in-workers
list.

> > Below you will see it is rendered as four full consonants with
> > diatrical markings to denote a half consonant. This makes reading very
> > difficult resulting is pronounciation mistakes.  There is more bit I
> > shall leave it for later :-)
>

> I think these typical issues can be discussed in both the debian-i18n
> and the debian-in-workers mailing lists. No doubt.

Yes.

--
cheers,