Re: Acronym on About page of main site

> * Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> [2005:06:18 16:23 +0930]:
> > Sorry for my ignorance: while translating the About page on the main
> > D-W site, I've run into the acronym BOF:
> BOF == Birds of a Feather

Would you, American people, please give the full phrase when asked for this?

"Birds of a Feather flock together" (of stay together, or fly together, etc).

Please understand that to us NON-American, the phrase "Birds of a
Feather" makes absolutely no sense.  I used to think this meant that
these were supposed to be "small" talks, or "just one subject" talks,
because they image was a bird of _A_ feather.

:-\

Sorry if this comes out as aggressive, but I really think we should
stop calling them "BOF", it's an elite term that I dislike with all my
guts.

--
Besos,
Marga