Re: Acronym on About page of main site

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 02:34:43 +0200, Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:

* Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> [2005:06:18 16:23 +0930]:
> Sorry for my ignorance: while translating the About page on the main
> D-W site, I've run into the acronym BOF:
BOF == Birds of a Feather

Would you, American people, please give the full phrase when asked for this?

"Birds of a Feather flock together" (of stay together, or fly together, etc).

Please understand that to us NON-American, the phrase "Birds of a
Feather" makes absolutely no sense.

 "BOF" makes me think of Hans Christian Andersen's story
about the feather that turned into five hens.

 Hence, to me BOF sounds like a rumour workshop, where a
small idea is blown completely out of proportions.

--
Herman Robak
herman at skolelinux no