Re: DW quotes

Martin,

> How could you take something like this seriously and/or personally?
> It's an anonymous medium (from the "presence" perspective)!

It's hard not to take such things seriously and personally, especially
when preceded by comments such as, "I checked out your real name and
I've been googling for you all evening."

Aside from anything else, if I join in a forum dedicated to the
discussion of technical issues, I do not feel it's appropriate for
someone to assume that it's instantly "fair game" to ask me questions
about my physical appearance, sexual preference, or marital
status. Sure, it's fine to ask which kernel I'm using, what my
apt/sources.list says, or even what editor I use (the answer's Emacs,
BTW), but don't treat me as if I've accidentally joined #debian when I
clearly meant to join #dating.

--
hanna m. wallach
blog: http://join-the-dots.org/