Re: Mentoring Feedback

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 07:01:50PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> ti, 2005-03-22 kello 11:24 -0500, David Nusinow kirjoitti:
> > Maybe it's time to start thinking about ways to slowly open this program up
> > to the wider Debian? I'm feeling like we need more documentation to
> > standardize things though. A mentoring HOWTO and maybe a mentee HOWTO?
>
> Isn't that what debian-mentor is supposed to be? But perhaps they are
> less formal about mentoring than what d-w has done so far.

Well, my limited experience with debian-mentors has been less interesting
than what d-w has set up. People seem to use the list to ask specific
questions of a large group of people or to request a sponsor. The big
advantage of d-w's setup is that it's one-on-one, a real mentoring
relationship. The current climate of -mentors is more like
debian-newbie-packager or something. There's nothing wrong with that, but I
feel like the one-on-one interaction might benefit a wider audience.

 - David Nusinow