Re: Mentoring Feedback

Hi

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:11:36AM +0000, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> - 15 mentor-mentee assignments have so far been made.  The main criteria for assigning a particular pair is what areas of Debian
> the mentee is most interested in learning about and contributing to.
It's cool to see the success of this project!

> - As far as I can tell, from the people I have spoken to (mostly the mentors rather than mentees, if only because they are more
> likely to be available on IRC), most of the assignments are going well.
My mentoring is going quite well, but is very low intensity. My mentee
has not much time to work on the package she want to create, so there is
not much I can help her. I already pinged her and she mailed me back,
that she would ask again if she has more time. I think this is just
fine, every mentoring team should define how the mentoring should work
and I'm happy to help if there are problems or questions, but I don't
want to force people if they don't have enough time.

> - We still have several people available to mentor.
I have time for another mentee. So if there is someone who is waiting
for a mentor, you can assign me another mentee.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.