Re: Article on women and mathematics

--- "Hanna M. Wallach" <hmw26@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Miry,
>
> > The article is quite interesting, but this quote,
> > afaik, is nonsense:
> [...]
>
> I'm not sure whether you mean that the person quoted
> never said that,
> or whether you mean that their research is unsound
> -- can you
> disambiguate? :-)

I mean that i don't agree at all with what is said
about the effect of hormones over an already-formed
brain (i'm not talking about growth and development,
obviously hormones do affect the development of the
brain in the fetus).

It doesnt give more data about that study, like the
number of people studied or the conditions, but i do
suspect they're probably not statistically relevant.

If you change the level of strogens or testosterone in
your organism, your spacial abilities do not change.

That doesn't mean at all that i believe there are no
statistical differences between male and female minds.
Obviously there are, but the differences are in mind
configuration, not in hormone levels.

Miry

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es