Re: Introduction

Hi Meike and everyone,

Thanks for your introduction, Meike. It's nice to learn something about the different people who are subscribed to this list.

So far I've only dealt with debian as a user. I've got it running on one of my laptops and like it a lot. Guess I might even call it my favorite distro since I mainly want a distro thats stable and easy to use. So, since I really like debian I wouldn't mind getting involved a bit farther, but I am not sure yet in what area. I do code a little and I've also written documentation before. So, I guess I'll just see what comes along. Until then I hope I'll be able to contribute a few good ideas to this list and meet other girls and women interested in linux and IT in general.

If you are interested in finding ways to contribute to Debian Women or to any other aspect of Debian, you might be interested in the material on our website suggesting ways to involve yourself further [1], as well as the pages it links to. I guess most people have seen this stuff already, but incase there are some out there who haven't, the Debian Women website [2] is worth a look, to find out more about who we are and what we are doing now and planning for the future.

1. http://women.alioth.debian.org/involvement/
2. http://women.alioth.debian.org/