DPL election news

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to tell people who don't know, that the Debian Project Leader Elections are really getting underway, with the campaign period being for about the next 3 weeks, and voting (only open to DDs) after that.

Everyone is encouraged to have a look at the debian-vote mailing list [1], and to consider subscribing to that list. It might go high-traffic for the next 3 weeks, though. Among other things, note the announcement of the candidates [2] and the fact that Martin Krafft and I have called for questions to be suggested for the IRC debate [3].

There is information about the Debian voting system and previous elections at [4].

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/
2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00135.html
3. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00130.html
4. http://www.debian.org/vote/

It would be great to see Debian Women people being involved in the Debian election. Maybe of us are not going to be able to vote, but as Debian users, contributers and potential DDs, our opinions matter, and we should definitely be expressing them in these discussions.

Helen.