Re: Women in Open Source

on Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:36:52AM +0200, Amaya Rodrigo Sastre insinuated:
> ----- Forwarded message from Greg Wilson <gvwilson@cs.toronto.edu> -----
>
> Date:	Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:27:29 -0400
> From: Greg Wilson <gvwilson@cs.toronto.edu>
> To: Amaya Rodrigo Sastre <amaya@debian.org>
> Cc: Michelle Levesque <ml@cs.toronto.edu>
> Subject: Women in Open Source
>
> Hello.  We hope you don't mind mail out of the blue, but we (Michelle
> Levesque and Greg Wilson, of the University of Toronto) are writing an
> article for "Software Development" magazine exploring two questions:
>
> 1. Why is the gender ratio in Free/Open Source Software even more
>    imbalanced than it is in the rest of computing?

is it?  by "the rest of computing" does he mean software development
within corporations, &c.?  all i know is, i graduated from college as
one of four women in a computer science class of almost 40.  still
pretty skewed, if you ask me.  (though here at work, there are four
women software developers out of ten or fifteen or so ...)

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++