Re: Supporters brief-up

on Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:10:01AM -0400, Erinn Clark insinuated:
> * Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> [2004:07:25 23:41 +0100]:
> > 2)  The comments by the debian developers on Amaya's site, in
> > answer to the questions, were interesting to me to read.  They
> > represent a range of opinions and ideas.  They may get other
> > people than me thinking about the issues involved, and that's a
> > good thing.
>
> Well, I agree with you here, but I still think that getting men
> involved is not our primary objective. Women involved seem to
> already know that there is a "problem". We've had more discussion
> about how to include men than we have about actually getting women
> active. This is indicative of ..  something. They are not locking us
> out of their secret club and it is not up to us to persuade them to
> let us in.

precisely what i was about to write -- you beat me to it, erinn.  (hm,
maybe i should get to work earlier ...)

for the record, i'm against having a supporters page -- it feels too
much like beating at the clubhouse door.  our FAQ and mission
statement, and the fact that we exist and have all of our subscribers
as supporters, should be enough support.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++