Re: Website, logo, etc.

Hi everyone....

Erinn Clark wrote:

* Michelle Ribeiro <michelle@cipsga.org.br> [2004:07:02 11:02 +0000]:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:48:08 +0200
Amaya <amaya@debian.org> wrote:
There's something I want to see on the site: http://women.kde.org/aboutus/supporters.php
I want the guys to be able to publicly support the effort, that's a visibility issue too (the message being that there also males interested in this effort), and it might be a good example for the guys too (the message being it is ok to support women).
I agree with Michelle, I like this idea.

Me too...

Amaya wrote:
That would be very nice, but as long as I know, the site does not need to be hosted there... I mean, we could start the project at Alioth, use the tools there, and have the site hosted somwhere else (my colo or yours?).
Michelle wrote:
Please, go ahead. The hosting that I talked about ins't exactly at my colo. :)
:)

Erinn, do you have news about the contact with alioth guys?
I haven't contacted them since we never actually agreed to attempt to get hosting there. I'm still not sure - alioth has a lot of things I
like, but I don't know if that's really the place for this.
Pros:
- It gives it some credibility as an actual official Debian project
- Gforge makes translations / outsider contributions etc. much easier
- Central repository with arch/svn/cvs
Cons:
- Something about the URL http://women.alioth.debian.org just seems..
  I'm not sure, but I don't think I like it
- I'm not sure how likely we'd be to get our project hosted there

I've had some people mention they'd be willing to host the website and I'm sure we could get anonymous arch/cvs/svn access so that others could contribute. The problem with this is that it won't be an *.*.debian.org URL, but most likely women.debian.net. I see no reason to have some stuff on alioth and the rest of the website elsewhere; I'd prefer to have it all in one place.

I agree with Erinn in this topic....

About the logo, did the girls at the irc channel choosed a logo or may we should start a election here?

Here... I don't have irc channel...

Yeah, for everyone that isn't normally on IRC, here are all of the
candidates: http://www.danamania.com/temp/debianwomen.jpg
I believe #6 and #7 are the most popular (the only difference between
them is the size of the text). I like #7, personally.
Yeah.... I saw a logo... like a lot the number 7, after numbers 3 and 4 (with
the smaller font in the name Debian Women)...

Kisses for all...
Fer...
Debian-PR