Re: Website, logo, etc.

* Michelle Ribeiro <michelle@cipsga.org.br> [2004:07:02 11:02 +0000]:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:48:08 +0200
> Amaya <amaya@debian.org> wrote:
>
> There's something I want to see on the site:
> http://women.kde.org/aboutus/supporters.php
> I want the guys to be able to publicly support the effort, that's a
> visibility issue too (the message being that there also males interested
> in this effort), and it might be a good example for the guys too (the
> message being it is ok to support women).

I agree with Michelle, I like this idea.

Michelle wrote:
> Please, go ahead. The hosting that I talked about ins't exactly at my
> colo. :)

:)

> Erinn, do you have news about the contact with alioth guys?

I haven't contacted them since we never actually agreed to attempt to
get hosting there. I'm still not sure - alioth has a lot of things I
like, but I don't know if that's really the place for this.

Pros:
 - It gives it some credibility as an actual official Debian project
 - Gforge makes translations / outsider contributions etc. much easier
 - Central repository with arch/svn/cvs

Cons:
 - Something about the URL http://women.alioth.debian.org just seems..
   I'm not sure, but I don't think I like it
 - I'm not sure how likely we'd be to get our project hosted there

I've had some people mention they'd be willing to host the website and
I'm sure we could get anonymous arch/cvs/svn access so that others could
contribute. The problem with this is that it won't be an *.*.debian.org
URL, but most likely women.debian.net. I see no reason to have some
stuff on alioth and the rest of the website elsewhere; I'd prefer to
have it all in one place.

> About the logo, did the girls at the irc channel choosed a logo or may
> we should start a election here?

Yeah, for everyone that isn't normally on IRC, here are all of the
candidates: http://www.danamania.com/temp/debianwomen.jpg

I believe #6 and #7 are the most popular (the only difference between
them is the size of the text). I like #7, personally.

> Let's go girls. If we stay stopeed, the world domination will take
> more time. ;)

Apologies, I'm sometimes a slow thinker. :)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide
http://double-helix.org