Re: Survey - what do you want out of this?

Hello evrybody,

This is meant to be multiple choice, to make it easier :) I know it's not anything like an exhaustive list - just what springs to mind immediately. If there are major things missing, please let us know what you think about that. > 1) What would you personally most like to get out of the Debian Women project?

 a) more knowledge about how to use Debian
and programs under debian. It seems there are sometimes some differents.
 b) more interaction with or contribution to Debian
 c) social benefits from meeting the people involved in Debian Women
d) benefits (to yourself or to Debian) from you helping other people who are involved in Debian Women
 e) other?  Please elaborate.
2) How can the Debian Women project best help you gain more knowledge about using Debian?

 a) holding "tutorial" discussions on the mailing list or on the wiki
 b) enabling you to ask people directly on IRC
 c) informing you about where to access relevant documentation
 d) other?  Please elaborate.
From time to time I think it's necessary to write a new documentation esp. the available one isn't explicit for debian. (or for a better understanding by women)
3) How can the Debian Women project best help you to contribute more to Debian?

 a) holding "tutorial" discussions on the mailing list or on the wiki
 b) enabling you to ask people directly on IRC
 c) informing you about where to access relevant documentation
 d) other?  Please elaborate.
I haven't enough experience to contribute to debian. Therefor I've too much to learn.

4) How can the Debian Women project best help you to gain social benfits from meeting the people involved?

  a) allowing you to talk to people on the IRC channel
yes
  b) enabling discussions on the mailing list
  c) organising in person meetings as part of larger linux/debian events
  d) other?  Please elaborate.

5) How can the Debian Women project best help you to help others (and hopefully benefit yourself and/or Debian in the process)?

 a) encouraging people to ask questions on IRC
 b) encouraging people to ask questions on the mailing list
 c) allowing you to post helpful information to the wiki or webpage
d) increasing the amount of cooperation or collaboration between Debian Women and other groups in Debian (eg debian-mentors)
 d) other?  Please elaborate.
yes

6) Are problems with language preventing you from becoming more involved with Debian Women?

    If so, what non-English language would you prefer to to use?
I prefer german

7)  Anything else you would like to say that I have missed.

It would be great to get a lot of responses to this, so we can form a better idea of how to best meet the needs or wishes of the most people :)

Helen

Mechtilde