Re: Survey - what do you want out of this?

> Are there aspects of Debian's structure and/or
> culture which you believe
> contribute to a feeling of a "big, remote
> organization" when compared with
> other large Open Source projects, or is size the
> main factor?
>
> --
> Steve Langasek
> postmodern programmer

It's probably size what causes this feeling. A big
organization needs an structure such that it's
manageable. No problem on that.

The fact is that such a big organization with such a
formal structure (which is neccesary, otherwise is
chaos), gives the impression to those outside to be,
well, a big organization. I'm used to work with
smaller ones, and thus it might give somehow the
impression that you can do something. A big
organization, seen from outside, gives the impression
that it's self-working and you're not adding any value
to it as much as you can try.

I have the same feelings for other projects like
Apache, Mozilla, OpenOffice, X-Windows...

Knowing some people inside it, seeing that they're
also human beings, might help in fighting that
feelings, especially when there are other women
involved.

Miry

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es