Re: The prevailing Debian culture

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 09:22, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> > I don't see anyone proposing changing the fundamental Debian culture. It would
> > be extremely cheeky to even consider it! "Hi, I'm new here, and I want to be
> > part of your club, but first you have to completely change everything!"  :)
>
> The comments of some of the women on this list have been taken that way, and
> not just by people who want to find fault with this list.  After so much
> hand-waving about how perception is reality, I hope you see the problem.

I can see how that is a problem, and I can also see (from one of your
that way.

I trust/hope that after my clarification comment, that perception has
been corrected? I still don't see HOW my comment was taken that way, but
I have seen so many people not see how their comments seemed trollish
and intentionally aggravating that I can accept I may have said
something poorly.

For the record: I wished only to draw attention to a possible problem,
so that those who are familiar with the existing culture can determine
whether and/or how to fix the possible problem. Not to stomp my foot
petulantly and say 'change this right now'.

Jenn V.
   My book 'Essential CVS': published by O'Reilly in June 2003.
jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/