Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

On 2004-08-07 12:22:05 +0100 Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

[...] I suggest you reply to me off the list [...]

Mostly I have done so. I only clarify this:

A hint for next time you join #debian-women: starting by not questioning the validity of our existence will probably mean you get a friendlier discussion, if that is what you desire.

When joining #debian-women, I started by asking for the location of the IRC FAQ because I had a dead link. I did not ask anything even remotely about validity of your existence as a start, so your "hint" is misleading. The first accusations of me being incapable were made before asking another question, too, IIRC. I should have recognised then that #debian-women is nastier than any debian channel I've used before, but did not.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast