Re: sexist language in debian instructions/documentation

on Tue, 03 Aug 2004 09:40:31AM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin insinuated:
> P.S.: One example (german) of a unix-geek orientated association
> that has it's bylaws in the women-only form can be found at
> http://www.trash.net/verein/statuten.shtml. This change was proposed
> by a man and decided mostly by men.

hey, that's cool.  there's a german way to do the unisex thing in
referring to gendered nouns -- die AktuarInnen, iirc.  or something
like that.  out of curiosity, does that construction sound as clunky
to a native german speaker as he/she appears to grate on some of the
native english ears here?

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++