Re: Internation list (was: Is "debian-women" crashed ?)

on Mon, 19 Jul 2004 04:55:07AM +1000, Pascal Hakim insinuated:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 02:21:03PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > does debian have a list-wide policy on languages?  or should each
> > list decide its own?  if the latter, i guess this is another issue
> > that's open to debate, and that we should decide soon ...
>
>	We do, but I don't think it is anywhere else but inside the
>	listmasters' heads. We actually normally start from the other end.
>	We'll make a debian-user-$language list, which is used for user
>	stuff, as well as translations, development, and announces. If at
>	some point, it looks like there is a fair bit of traffic on the
>	list, we create a new one.
[...]
>	From a practical point of view, you are better off having bigger
>	lists as it's easier to build momentum that way. Smaller lists have
>	a harder time reaching a certain critical mass and getting things
>	accomplished, while people feel much better about posting on a list
>	where there's lots happening already.

cool, i can see that.  so, are you advocating that this be a
multilingual list?

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++