Re: help wanted! get involved! make Debian-women work!

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 11:00:15AM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> totally.  i'm all for this (i had no idea that there are 3000 missing
> man pages!), and i'll probably end up getting more involved through
> it.  this all sounds great, erinn.

Just to let anyone who's interested in this issue know, there's a missing
manpages project located here: http://qa.debian.org/man-pages.html which tells
you exactly what packages are missing what manpages. Basic instructions are at
the top of the page. I've contributed a bit to this project, and have written
manpages for my own packages, and I've found that using perl's POD format and
the docbook format for making the manpages are both incredibly easy.

Also, according to section 12.1 of Debian Policy[1], every program needs a
manpage, so if there's some program on your system that you love that doesn't
have a manpage this is a great way to help out.

 - David Nusinow (who's trying to start the Debian-integration discussion part
   of the list)

[1] http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s12.1