Re: vkd3d

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 10:54 PM Jens Reyer wrote:
> >> Can you give me DM upload rights, so that I can upload to stretch-backports?
> >
> > DM upload yes, but a stretch backport may be a cause of more problems
> > than its worth.
>
> Since this is a major new feature of 4.0 I'd really like to provide it.
>  If it causes too much trouble I may still drop it.

The backports instructions [0] say to build-depend on other backports
only when specifically required by the package being backported.

vkd3d is not required by wine, it is optional.  So, that instruction
would not be met.  Additionally, many users will prefer wine backports
that are not entangled with vulkan and video driver backport updates.

Best wishes,
Mike

[0] http://backports.debian.org/Contribute