Re: Planning: Minimum System Requirements

> > > Yes, the real crux of the issue is more about whether FAT is supported.
> >
> > Right.  No.
>
> Well, the question is, is NTFS necessary for compiling or also for
> runtime? How does it deal with a box with a mix of filesystems? Are the
> FAT systems just invisible?

CygWin can read/write FAT without a problem.  The only issue is for the
distribution itself.  By requiring that it reside on an NTFS partition,
we solve a lot of discrepencies with the other Debian architectures.

So no, they're not invisible, just not useable for the installation
partition.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@precidia.com )

      Relationships go through seasons.  Winter often comes before Spring.