Re: Usage of dpkg under cygwin

> > By special nodes, you mean symlinks?
> >
> > So for cygwin, this should be solution?
> >
> > mike
>
> No, symlinks are fine. I was referring to device nodes. But in
> cygwin's
> case, they're not interesting anyway, so.. yeah. Rebuild the scripts
> use tar's --owner and --group switches, and you can get rid of
> fakeroot.

So mathematically speaking, we have refactored the equasion so that
under a different set of constants, a whole section of variables have
be made redundant.

That will also allow with the fakedroot.sh script, the ability to get
around the installation problems that I have with windows binaries that
I want to run under linux via wine.

They can be installed under a fakedroot with a faked path all all thier
own. This will also allow for a faked cross compiler that thinks it is
native. hehe!! that might allow for a much faster porting of gnu
software to windows.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont