Re: [Dev-C++] Compiling Cygwin

Dear John,

> This is why I'm inclined to stick with Debian as a base -- you get so
> much 'for free' because it's already done by other people. If your idea
> works I might well use it, but ATM I'm more interested in the first
> model, because there hasn't been a great deal of action so far, and I
> think it's a more achievable goal. But nobody is stopping you working on
> something different -- by all means go for it.

We can always go with the first model.

How about Cygwin.dll? Presently, users have to download and install Cygwin dll
separately from Cygnus. This may confuse people with Cygwin packages on the
one hand, and W32/GNU packages on the other hand.

Do you plan to offer:
- a Windows native pkgd,
- our own W32/DEBIAN Cygwin.dll base package.

>This is why I'm inclined to stick with Debian as a base -- you get so
>much 'for free' because it's already done by other people. If your idea
>works I might well use it, but ATM I'm more interested in the first
>model, because there hasn't been a great deal of action so far, and I
>think it's a more achievable goal. But nobody is stopping you working on
>something different -- by all means go for it.

No problem. The idea is to work together in a community and make it. We can
always start releasing W32/Debian packages with a Cygwin dependency.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE