Re: What about our webapp policy draft?

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 15:30 +0100, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Our Draft begins to be quite complete I think, I'd like to know what
> remains to be done, to you, in order to have something good enough for a
> first "stable" preview.

One thing I've had on my TODO list for the PHPwiki package for a while
is to look at vhosts and how these are handled by the system.

Is there an existing policy or framework for this? Is it an apache
specific issue?

The problem is that when installing a package on a machine that has been
configured with virtual hosting, dropping a configuration snippet
into /etc/apache2/conf.d/ is not likely to have the desired effect. Some
method of choosing which vhost the user wants the package to appear in
and then making that work is required.

Has anything been done in this area that I am not aware of?

Cheers

--
Matt Brown
matt@mattb.net.nz