Re: dh-make-php in unstable

sean finney wrote:

4:

i'm trying to wrap my head around the "big picture" of how this fits
in with the web application policy project.  currently, my thought is
that all the php-specific stuff (including pear stuff) should be seperated
into a seperate php policy similar to how there is a perl policy.  the web
application policy could then be made to defer most php references to said
policy (with the possible exceptions of required webserver settings etc).
if you haven't read the perl policy, i'd strongly suggest taking a look
at it for ideas of what the debian policy team will want to see.
Given how much of the discussion over the policy doc has been taken up with php-specific issues, I think this makes perfect sense. Also, with pear/pecl packages starting to clash on the naming structures and namespaces looking like they may actually be added into php sometime soon(ish) then this could serve to leave the main policy doc as a very static document (which is exactly what it should be) with the language specific docs then reflecting the rate of change of those individual languages.