Re: PEAR packages - how to repackage?

> When I created my dh-make-php scripts for pecl and pear I had similar
> thoughts, but finally decided to take the original pear/pecl package,
> unpack in, move it to php[4]-(pearname|peclname)-version
> e.g. ps-1.3.1 -> php4-ps-1.3.1 and copy the package.xml file into that
> directory. This slightly modified directory is what I called .orig.tar.gz
> although it is not quite right. Updating through uupdate isn't possible
> unless uupdate can be customized somehow and take a different approach
> for an update.

I like your idea of creating a custom uupdate. uupdate-pear or something
like that.

Having played around with other options, I guess I do agree with the
approach that your dh-make scripts take, I was just trying to figure out
a clean way to handle updates.

But if we had a uupdate-pear to complement your dh-make-pear, then we
would be in business. :-)

Charles

--
Slow down, Pa