Re: PEAR packages - how to repackage?

> > I am against the inclusion of the original archive in the *.orig.tar.gz.
> >
> > Of the other options I have seen used, my preference is to simply copy
> > (or rename) the original archive to *.orig.tar.gz.
> The problem is, that the pear/pecl package .tgz file contains a
> directory <name>-<version>, which is fine, but a package.xml file
> outside of this directory, which should be better inside.
> In my approach package.xml is simply copied into the directory and
> the result is the .orig.tar.gz, though I'm not sure if this is the
> right way to go.

Another viable [1]approach would be to copy the original archive to
*.orig.tar.gz, and then to extract it inside of the package directory.
That way package.xml is in the right place. The only disadvantage is
that there all of the real archive contents are in a subdirectory, but
it does make the orig.tar.gz cleaner.

   1. http://www.madism.org/debian.pear.php

That said, I still think I prefer having a clean package directory than
an unmodified orig.tar.gz.

Charles

--
Pull off