Re: PHP PEAR packages

> As i mentioned in the other mail. Here is a working
> verion http://www.steinmann.cx/debian/pool/main/d/dh-make-php/

Very nice. Why has it not been uploaded? Does it need special approval
as a dh- script?

> >  - Properly install all files, bsaed on package.xml locations
> jup

Good.

> >  - Extract the description from package.xml
> implemented

Only problem here was that you incorrectly left a blank line after the
Description summary line, and fail to remove blank lines from the end of
the summary. Still, nice job. :-)

> >  - Extract the changelog from package.xml
> not yet, but I'm unsure if it makes sense

Why not?

> >  - Extract the license from package.xml
> i should think about it

It would be better than your current assumption of GPL. Also, it would
be easy for you to put the full URL from where the package was
downloaded in the copyright file, rather than just putting pear.php.net.

Oh, and one more thing. You should remove the following two lines from
your dh-make scripts:

    DEBTEMPDIR=/home/steinm/projects_cvs/dh-make-php/pear.template
    DEBMAINTAINER="Uwe Steinmann <steinm@debian.org>"

All in all, very well done. I personally far prefer this solution over
the other two solutions.

In fact, I would be in favor of moving forward with uploading this (or a
variation of it) to Debian.

Charles

--
When the jar