Re: dh-make-php in unstable

(No need to cc: me, I'm subscribed..)

On 5:50:41 pm 08/23/05 Jose Carlos do Nascimento <josecarlos.nascimento@varig.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> Well, I think  policy can be more than "best practice", policy can
> contain rules to make php, pear and pecl  packages.

*shrug*  I suppose.. this is getting a bit semantic.  Sometimes you need to
get your hands dirty to know what will work best; writing policy on
untested/unimplemented solutions runs the risk of forcing you to go back
and rewrite it when you find something that doesn't work.  Changing things
like package names and directory locations can be difficult if you already
have tons of packages using those guidelines; which really isn't the case
here.

> are you thinking do it  in  pecl, pear and php modules  or just pecl ?

I'm just looking at PECL.  PEAR is another kettle of fish.

mb