Re: dh-make-php in unstable

> We are discussing about php policy in this list.
> I think  we can finish this policy and after make these changes :)

I respectfully disagree. :-)

I propose that we try to get dh-make-php (and other standard tools) to
approximate our best guess at a policy, and then modify them over time
as necessary.

That said, I don't have the experience/understanding to respond to the
issues you raised, so I am of no practical help here. Uwe?

> Other thing,,   PEAR packages that have "PHP License" cant be packaged ,
> because IHMO :(

Maybe I missed something here, but your reasoning is a bit vuague. One
of my PEAR packages was initially rejected for using the PHP License,
becasue it has several clauses that are specifc to PHP the language, and
make no sense when applied to a PHP program.

> And many PEAR developers dont want change license of your programs :(

In my case, the developer was happy to make the change, knowing the
benefit that would come from it. Sadly this may not always be the case.

Charles

--
Wild
Dashes