Re: dh-make-php in unstable

Hi, Matt

We are discussing about php policy in this list.
I think  we can finish this policy and after make these changes :)

Other thing,, PEAR packages that have "PHP License" cant be packaged , because IHMO :(
And many PEAR developers dont want change license of your programs :(

[]
Jose Carlos

Hi all,

I started filing a wishlist bug for this, then thought better of it and
started writing a patch.. but I'm not sure exactly what the best way to
handle it is, and I wonder if this is something that perhaps deserves
some discussion.

AIUI, the current version of dh-make-pecl hardcodes its dependencies on
generated packages to php4-dev.  It seems like automating the process
for php5 as well should be possible; I'm just not sure where exactly the
split should be.  The most viable option seems to be to have the
generated source package depend on both php4-dev and php5-dev, and build
php4-{module} and php5-{module} binary packages.. generating separate
source packages seems like a waste of space, and I'm not sure how
allowing one OR the other would work for automated builds..

Does this seem viable?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
matt

--