Re: docs updated, working copy of php draft now available online

hi jose,

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:22:52PM -0300, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> We  talk a lot,,  but what we defined about  php4 and php5 modules  ,
> pear packages ? where files will be put ?
>
> we need to tell to Sean , File and directory layout  of pear modules,,
> and other php clases,  like adodb

have you missed the mention of the php document?  most of what we're
discussing is outlined to some degree there:

http://webapps-common.alioth.debian.org/draft-php/html

> Piotr,,  this is right ?
>
> PEAR Packages:  ( I think  PEAR packages can put files separeted of
> other php packages)
> 1 - pear (deb) packages used by all php versions
>    /usr/share/php/pear/

this has been mentioned but i don't think anyone has been able to
argue how co-existing in the same place for pear and non-pear stuff
could cause a problem.  if you could give technical reasons why it should
be seperated i'm all for hearing them.

> 2 - pear (deb) packages restricted to one version of php, ex php5,
>  /usr/share/php/(VERSION)/pear

this is what we're currently using, yes, though i've expressed an interest
in phpPHPVERSION as an alternative.  i think maybe this is something we
can pass up the stream to the php maintainers for an opinion.

> 3 - pear packages installed by "pear(VERSION) install"    ex., pear5
> install DB
> /usr/local/share/php/(VERSION)/pear

yes, with the same proviso as above.

> Others PHP packages (  ex.,  Adodb, Jpgraph, Diogenes,etc )
> 1 - php packages used by all php versions,,
> /usr/share/php/(PACKAGENAME)
> 2 - php that need one specific php version , ex php5
> /usr/share/php/(VERSION)/(PACKAGENAME)

yes.

> PECL packages:
> 1 - as packge need to be compiled,  we can put in
> /usr/lib/php/(VERSION)/
> 2 -  installed by pecl, or something,, /usr/local/lib/php/(VERSION)

someone will have to back me up here, but i believe that the zend
api version is used somewhere in this path.

	sean