Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

1-
I need to install one pear package that havent a deb package,  example
"cache".
But cache depends of  "Archive_Tar"  that was installed by deb package (
and is invisible by pear list)
I will receive an error message of dependence.

No, if you install by `pear install --alldeps'. Then the Archive_Tar will install too, but into /usr/local/php hierarchy and won't override /usr/share/php/$VERSION files.

Humm, this is not good, because I will have 2 different modules, one Archive_Tar from php-pear and other from pear install.
and in php.ini  both are pointed.

2-
hum,  we can have problem  if one lib have 2 versions,  one to php4 and
second  to php5.
example :   adodb    for php4  and adodb for php5.

how we solve these problems ?

It is the problem of PEAR packaging system, not the Debian packaging system. The Debian package can be installed into /usr/share/php4 for PHP4 and /usr/share/php5 for PHP5. The PEAR itself just supports only one directory, so you have to choose which one you want to install.
but  adodb  inst pear  module,,  it is a project  out of pear project.

are you writing current php pear policy ?

No. I would love to see such policy because I'm maintaining some packages for my local systems. As far as there is no policy, I won't release them to the distro.

For the hosting systems there is very important to have a different version of PHP installed. I can't force my users to upgrade theirs scripts! The current policy (in fact there is no policy) doesn't alllow me to install different PEAR libraries.

but who are written this policy :? we need to help because if not maybe we will wait 3 more years :) I have some pear packages and other php packages,, I need this policy too :)
I  you and a lot of developers, mantainers,, etc;.;. :)