Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

Piotr Roszatycki escreveu:

On Tuesday 02 of August 2005 21:37, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
Charles Fry escreveu:
Actually 'pear list' should list packages installed as Debian packages,
if for no other reason than for dependancy checking. It would be
undesirable for a manual pear install request to be unable to satisfy
its dependencies with installed Debian packages.

Charles
Yes,
and has a problem to keep php4-pear and php5-pear  in same machine.
what pear will anwser ?

That is the reason why I would like to see bundled packages omitted by `pear list'. The worst thing can happen is the `pear upgrade' command upgrades Debian packages. The Debian packaging system and PEAR packaging system shouldn't know each other.

Do you know if is possible configure pear to read 2 directories ? example, /usr/share/pear and /usr/local/share/pear ? Because if it read just one directory, we wont waste time thinking about it;.

we can disable "-upgrade" option in pear creating one patch :) and disable other options too. or change these options to other thing, like try upgrade packages that arent installed in /usr/share/pear, and if it try upgrade one module that was installed by php-pear return an error.

pear cant upgrade files in php4-pear  package.
we can create links to pear modules in /usr/loca/share/pear to /usr/share/pear. if I install php4-pear and php5-pear ,, both will try to install /usr/sbin/pear command,, we need to solve it

Jose Carlos