Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

On Wednesday 03 of August 2005 15:43, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> >No, if you install by `pear install --alldeps'. Then the Archive_Tar will
> >install too, but into /usr/local/php hierarchy and won't
> >override /usr/share/php/$VERSION files.
>
> Humm, this is not good,   because  I will have  2  different modules,
> one Archive_Tar  from php-pear  and other from pear install.
> and in php.ini  both are pointed.

Modify default include_path, so you can choose if PEAR packages should be more
important that Debian's ones. That why I suggest so long default
include_path:

.:/etc/php:/usr/local/share/php/5.0:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php/5.0:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/share/php

The most important are libraries installed into /etc/php, then installed by
Debian package, and at last, installed manually. That way works for Perl
packages (from Debian packages and from CPAN packages) for years!

> >It is the problem of PEAR packaging system, not the Debian packaging
> > system. The Debian package can be installed into /usr/share/php4 for PHP4
> > and /usr/share/php5 for PHP5. The PEAR itself just supports only one
> > directory, so you have to choose which one you want to install.
>
> but  adodb  inst pear  module,,  it is a project  out of pear project.

so you can't install it by PEAR? Then should be installed manually
into /usr/local/share/php/$VERSION or into /usr/share/php$VERSION by Debian
package...?
--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki, Netia SA
: :' :    mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl